Discover the benefits of a Short Term Medical plan with IHC.
Find the answers to your questions here.
IHC STM Plans
IHC Group STM
IHC Group STM
Any amount of time without health insurance is too long.
IHC Short Term Medical Insurance includes flexible plan designs and options to help you and the plan that fits your needs, budget, and in this case, your time frame.
It is ideal for those who are:
- Ineligible for Obamacare subsidies
- Looking for access to a PPO network
- Bridging the open enrollment gap
- Part-time or temporary employees
- Without adequate health insurance
- Between jobs or have been laid-off
- Waiting for employer benefits to start
Why short-term medical insurance?
IHC Short-Term Insurance Plans provide coverage during life transitions. When you are between group insurance or individual major medical policies, short-term insurance helps pay for covered medical expenses due to unexpected illnesses or injuries. Covered expenses include diagnostic physician visits, emergency room treatment, hospital stays, surgery, intensive care and more.
Are there Cost Advantages to a Short-Term Insurance Plan?
In general, a Short-Term health insurance premium is significantly less than that of an ACA plan. For some people, this is one of the most important factors in choosing what’s affordable health insurance to them. But premium shouldn’t be the only cost consideration.
- With an ACA plan, you may be eligible for tax credits or subsidies for which a Short-Term health insurance plan does not qualify. That won’t make an ACA plan anyone’s idea of cheap health insurance, but it may move the price of the plan much closer to your budget.
- Since a Short-Term insurance plan isn’t required to include the 10 essential health benefits defined in the ACA, you can choose a less expensive plan that offers less coverage.
- An ACA plan covers preexisting conditions, but with a Short-Term plan, you should expect to pay the costs related to preexisting conditions without coverage.
What is the IHC Marketplace?
At the IHC Marketplace, you can also run free quotes for all IHC Group health insurance products, including dental and vision insurance.
Instant Quotes – Next Day Coverage Available
Easy Online Application
Coverage Can Start Tomorrow
This coverage is not required to comply with certain federal market requirements for health insurance, principally those contained in the Affordable Care Act. Be sure to check the policy carefully to make sure you are aware of any exclusions or limitations regarding coverage of pre-existing conditions or health benefits. A short-term medical insurance plan may vary from an ACA plan in such benefits as hospitalization, emergency services, maternity care, preventive care, prescription drugs, and mental health and substance use disorder services. A short-term medical policy might also have coverage-period and/or benefit-specific dollar limits on health benefits. If this coverage expires or you lose eligibility for this coverage, you might have to wait until an open enrollment period to get other health insurance coverage. For full plan details, please visit the IHC Marketplace.
Short Term Quotes
Hospital Indemnity Plans
Hospital Indemnity Quotes